Dubois County Health Department is working closely with the local and state officials to ensure that contacts of the patient are identified and monitored and that all infection control protocols are being followed.
The patient is in isolation. No additional information about the patient will be released due to privacy laws.
Human coronaviruses most commonly spread from an infected person to others through:
Fax: 812-481-7069 email@example.com
The Dubois County Health Department has been expecting this and is prepared to respond. We ask our
residents to be calm and focus on doing their part to mitigate the spread of this virus. The Dubois
County Health Department’s highest concern is for the health and well being of everyone in our county.
We continue to work timelessly for all of you, “said Dr. Ted Waflart, Dubois County Health Officer.
- Respiratory droplets released into the air by coughing and sneezing;
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands;
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyesbefore washing your hands; and
- Rarely, fecal contamination.
The best way to protect yourself from any respiratory illness, including the flu, is to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19. You should only wear a mask if a healthcare professional recommends it. A facemask should be used by people who have COVID-19 and are showing symptoms to protect others from the risk of infection.
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) will provide updates as new information becomes available. Visit the ISDH website at in.gov/coronavirus for the most up-to-date information on COVID- 19 in Indiana.
The Dubois County Health Department is committed to prevention efforts that promote and protect our communities health by serving with dedication, respect, and responsibility.