STATE OF INDIANA
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 2020 –3D –GP
DATE OF NOTICE: April 1, 2020
The Office of Water Quality approves the following NPDES GENERAL PERMIT action:
SUN ENERGY GROUP, LLC – FLINT HILL MINE, Permit Coverage No. ING040292. The project location is on CR 500 East 0.3 Miles South of SR 62, near Dale, Indiana in SPENCER COUNTY. The permittee requested modification of NPDES general permit coverage under 327 IAC 15-7, the general NPDES permit-by-rule for Coal Mining, Coal Processing, and Reclamation Activities, to activate 1 of its six permitted outfalls (Outfall 002) and to update its locational coordinates. For more information regarding this modification of coverage please contact Ms. C. Anne Burget at (317) 234-8745 or via e-mail at cburget@idem.IN.gov.
Notice of Right to Administrative Review
If you wish to challenge this permit, you must file a Petition for Administrative Review with the Office of Environmental Adjudication (OEA), and serve a copy of the petition upon IDEM. The requirements for filing a Petition for Administrative Review are found in IC 4-21.5-3-7, IC 13-15-6-1 and 315 IAC 1-3-2. A summary of the requirements of these laws is provided below.
A Petition for Administrative Review must be filed with the Office of Environmental Adjudication (OEA) within fifteen (15) days of the issuance of this notice (eighteen (18) days if you received this notice by U.S. Mail), and a copy must be served upon IDEM. Addresses are:
Office of Environmental Adjudication Indiana Government Center North Room N103
100 North Senate Avenue Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Indiana Department of Environmental Management Indiana Government Center North
100 North Senate Avenue
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
The petition must contain the following information:
1. The name, address and telephone number of each petitioner.
2. A description of each petitioner’s interest in the permit.
3. A statement of facts demonstrating that each petitioner is:
a. a person to whom the order is directed;
b. aggrieved or adversely affected by the permit; or c. entitled to administrative review under any law.
4. The reasons for the request for administrative review.
5. The particular legal issues proposed for review.
6. The alleged environmental concerns or technical deficiencies of the permit.
7. The permit terms and conditions that the petitioner believes would be appropriate and would
comply with the law.
8. The identity of any persons represented by the petitioner.
9. The identity of the person against whom administrative review is sought.
10. A copy of the permit that is the basis of the petition.
11. A statement identifying petitioner’s attorney or other representative, if any.