Southern Indiana Power recently awarded Operation Round Up® grants. The funds for grants are generated by Southern Indiana Power members who voluntarily “round up” their electric bills to the next whole dollar.
All Operation Round Up donations are placed in a trust and administered by an independent board of trustees operating on behalf of the SIREC Community Trust, Inc. The seven-member board of trustees serves on a voluntary basis and geographically represents the Southern Indiana Power service territory. For more information about Operation Round Up, visit www.sinpwr.com.
A total of $21,740 was distributed to local organizations during the most recent round of grant disbursements. Since the program’s inception Southern Indiana Power has awarded over $435,000 to organizations. Below is a list of the recent award recipients for the spring grant period.
• Chrisney Volunteer Fire Dept – $1,500 to purchase boots
• Anderson Twp. Volunteer Fire Dept. – $2,840 to purchase On-Spot chains
• Central Perry Volunteer Fire Dept. – $1,000 to purchase portable radios
• Grandview Volunteer Fire Department – $1,400 to purchase thermal cameras
• St. Meinrad Volunteer Fire Department – $2,000 to purchase miscellaneous firefighting equipment
• Santa Claus Volunteer Fire Dept. – $500 to purchase boots
• Perry County EMA Fire-Rescue – $1,000 to purchase LED emergency lights for the rescue boat
• Abe Lincoln Post 444 – $500 to purchase dress uniforms
• St. Meinrad Chamber of Commerce – $2,000 to purchase a new HVAC system
• Anderson Woods – $2,000 to go towards handicap accessible restrooms and bathing area
• Stepping Stones Preschool – $1,000 for insulation and weatherproofing in Branchville Conservation Club building (also used by Ohio River Valley Bowhunters)
• Perry County Backpack Program – $2,500 for Tell City, Cannelton and Perry Central student meal assistance.
Lucas Thomas – $500 Murray State University (Perry Central High School)
Vanessa Brinksneader – $500 University of Southern Indiana (Seton Home Study School)
Nolan Snyder – $500 Indiana University (Heritage Hills High School)
Aubrey Ruxer – $500 University of Southern Indiana (Heritage Hills High School)
Bailey Perfield – $500 Western Kentucky (South Spencer High School)
Caitlin Teague – $500 Indiana University Purdue University (Tell City High School)
Madison Alvey – $500 Indiana University Southeast (Perry Central High School)
If you or your organization is interested in applying for an Operation Round Up grant the next available grant opportunity will be in early August through mid-September. If you have any questions please contact the Southern Indiana Power office at (800) 323-2316 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.