Whereas, the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in social distancing and an Order Entered by the Governor of the State of Indiana ordering all but essential activities to cease.
Whereas, the Spencer County Board of Commissioners have previously entered an Emergency Declaration directing other elected County Officials to reduce operations to what is essential;
Whereas, the Spencer County Board of Commissioners has reviewed that activities of the County Highway Department to determine what activities what are essential.
NOW, THEREFORE, it is formally determined as follows;
1. The activities of Spencer County Highway Department are attached as Exhibit A.
2. On review, the listed activities of the Spencer County Highway Department are determined to be “ESSENTIAL GOVERNMENTAL FUNCTIONS” which must continue.
3. The Spencer County Highway Department and all employees shall adhere to the Social Distancing Guidelines adopted by Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH), the Governor of the State of Indiana, and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). All employees shall be instructed on Social Distancing measures during their employment.
Approved and Adopted this 30th day of March, 2020.
1. Respond to Dispatch Calls
2.Check Road Complaints
3. Installing Culverts and pipe work
7. Hauling/Spreading Rock, Bottom Ash, Concrete, Dirt
8. Brush cutting
9. Pothole patching
10. Repairing Washouts or Cave ins.
11. Repair and Maintenance of equipment
12. Repair roads due to an event of accident
13. Approach and guardrail repairs.
14. Replacement and repair of signs.
15. Litter control including dead animals
16. Any other unexpected duties that may arise during the work day.