- Schools closed for remainder of this school year. Remote learning will continue through the end of this school year.(Dr. Governor Holcomb’s State Address 4/2/20)
- Stay at Home Order to all Indiana residents unless working at an essential business, medical appointments, or picking up essential supplies(State of Indiana Emergency Proclamation 20-08)
- Restaurants and Bars are required to close to in-person patrons and may provide take-out and delivery services through April 6, 2020(State of Indiana Emergency Proclamation 20-14)
Centers for Disease Control Recommendations:
- Practice social distancing: stay home if possible
- Mass gatherings should be limited to less than 10 people.
- Wash hands with soap & water for 20 seconds often; if hand washing is unavailable, use hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol)
- Cover your coughs & sneezes with a tissue; then throw in trash
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Sanitize frequently touched surfaces and objects frequently
- Avoid handshakes and ‘high-fives” to prevent the transmission of COVID-19
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care
- The US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams has listed Indianapolis among one of six new COVID-19 hotspots. This is due to significantly growing cases, and hospitals are gearing up for an influx of COVID-19 patients. Indianapolis is listed among New Orleans, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, and Miami.
- Avoid travel unless critical, especially to Indianapolis.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) does give several considerations before travel, to help you make a better-informed decision:
- Is the virus spreading in the area where you plan to go? Check the local health department/ state department websites.
- What happens if during your travel you encounter someone with COVID-19 and must stay at home to self-monitor for an extended amount of time? Or, if you become ill yourself?
- Also remember an individual may show minor symptoms but still spread the virus to those high-risk individuals.
For more information visit: